Emergency Lighting Circuit Transfer Relay
Safe, Selective Switching
The Emergency Lighting Circuit Transfer Relay (ELCTR) is a branch circuit emergency lighting transfer switch designed to transfer a single lighting circuit up to 20A from one power source to another during a power failure or other emergency situation. UL 1008 Listed for North American emergency lighting applications, the ELCTR’s rugged construction and fail-safe circuitry are essential where life safety is an issue.
The National Electric Code (NEC) article 700 clearly defines requirements for devices that can be used for emergency transfer of branch circuits. Most existing products do not meet these fault-current rating and endurance requirements.
The ELCTR does.
The ELCTR takes a normal feed, a normal sense, and an emergency feed for a single 20A circuit (120V or 277V) to power a normal/emergency load. When normal power is lost, mechanically held relays transfer both hot and neutral poles while preventing inadvertent connection of normal and emergency circuits. It also features a fire alarm input and a signal disconnect relay for emergency control bypass of 0-10V or DALI fixtures.
The ELCTR gives you full Emergency Lighting Transfer Switch (ELTS) functionality and safety at a fraction of the cost of a larger panel.
- UL1008 listed to transfer a single 20A circuit at 120V or 277V
- Field configurable fire alarm input can be normally open (N/O) or normally closed (N/C)
- Low voltage relay breaks a 0-10V or DALI loop sending the drivers to full in an emergency state
- Standard push button and laser test options
- Automatically transfers load from Normal power to Emergency power
- Automatically transfers back to Normal power when restored
Ratings and Approvals
- ANSI/UL 1008 Branch Circuit Emergency Lighting Transfer Switch for use in Emergency Systems (Category code WPWR)
- ANSI/UL 1008 Emergency Lighting Transfer Switch for use in Emergency Systems (Category code WPWR)
National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) Satisfies requirements of:
- Article 700 - Emergency Systems
- Section 700.25 Branch Circuit Emergency Lighting Transfer Switch
- Article 701 - Legally Required Standby Systems
- Article 702 - Optional Standby Systems
- Section 518.3(C)- Assembly Occupancies
Complies with Standard for Emergency and Standby Power Systems (ANSI/NFPA 110)
Datasheets & Specs
Emergency Lighting Circuit Transfer Relay 8DC-1038 Datasheet
Manuals & Release Notes
Echoflex ELCTR Installation Guide
|Description||File Type||File Type|
|ELCTR-20-1P Wiring Diagram||dwg|
|ELCTR-20-1P with ELD-G2 Wiring Diagram||dwg|
|ELCTR-20-1P with ELED1 Wiring Diagram||dwg|
|ELCTR-20-1P with ELED1H Wiring Diagram||dwg|
|ELCTR-20-1P with Switch Wiring Diagram||dwg|