- Assumes design responsibility for portions of project.
- With minimal supervision, makes design modifications or improvements to existing and special projects.
- Analyzes project problems to determine probable cause and potential solutions.
- Conducts necessary investigative work pertinent to designs.
- May be involved in the compilation of project schedules, specifications, test plans, equipment purchases, release related documentation, and other duties as assigned.
- May be involved in departmental process and quality programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completes special projects and assignments in a positive and timely manner
Position Specific Duties
- An aspiration for new and emerging technology, and a desire to be on the leading edge. The ambition to succeed and tenacity to work through any challenges to reach the goal.
- An interest in continued professional development to stay abreast of the best practices and technology in your field.
- A focus on customer service and satisfaction, internal and external to the company.
- A desire to work with a small team to produce world class products.
- Associates Degree or comparable business experience in increasingly responsible positions in the related discipline
- 2-3 years of job-related experience preferred
- Strong CAD skills for schematic capture. (Altium/PADS preferred)
- Strong CAD skills for PCB layout capture. (Altium/PADS preferred)
- Strong experience in writing C code for microcontrollers. PIC and Atmel experience an asset.
- Experience using APIs for cloud computing platforms: Google, Amazon Web Services, etc
- Experience using embedded Linux platforms: Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, or similar
- An understanding of industrial design sensibilities. Full product design including the packaging and user interface.
- Experience with the processes involved with regulatory approvals UL, ETL, FCC, IC.
- Shop skills. Hand tools and small power tools.
- The ability to design, set-up and run lab tests.
- An understanding of electronic manufacturing processes.
- Experience with Lighting or HVAC controls an asset.
- Experience with wireless products an asset.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance targets as an individual and as member of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Have the ability to work effectively with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Have the ability to travel to the United States.